- 400g Spaghetti
- 4-6 cloves of garlic, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (you can adjust the amount based on your heat preference)
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook the Spaghetti: Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the spaghetti and cook according to the package instructions until al dente. Drain the spaghetti, reserving about 1 cup of the pasta water. Set aside.
- Prepare the Garlic and Chili Oil: Heat the olive oil in a large pan over medium-low heat while the pasta is cooking. Add the thinly sliced garlic and red pepper flakes to the skillet. Cook gently until the garlic turns golden, and the oil becomes infused with the chilli and garlic flavours. Be careful not to burn the garlic, as it can become bitter.
- Combine Pasta and Sauce: Add the cooked and drained spaghetti directly into the skillet with the garlic and chilli oil. Toss the pasta gently to coat it evenly with the oil and flavours.
- Season and Garnish: Season the dish with salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste. Stir in the chopped parsley and half of the grated Parmesan cheese
Serve and garnish with parsley and parmesan.