Thin Lizzy’s Dynamic Salad
1 cup Cabbage, finely sliced
1 cup Red cabbage, finely sliced
2 cups Mesclun lettuce
½ Tomato, diced
½ Cucumber, finely sliced
1 cup Puy lentils, cooked al dente
1 cup Pumpkin, chopped into cubes
1 cup Sweet potato, chopped into cubes
3 Tbsp. Olive Oil
1 handful of Seeds, pumpkin and/or sunflower seeds
½ handful Fresh herbs; chives/ parsley/basil
1 Tbsp. White balsamic Vinegar
2 Tbsp. Olive Oil
1 Tbsp. Lemon juice
Salt/Pepper for taste
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celsius, place pumpkin and sweet potatoes in a roasting tray with olive oil and cook for 40-45 minutes until soft.
- Place cabbage, lettuce, tomato and cucumber into a large salad bowl.
- Allow roasted vegetables to cool for 10 minutes before adding to salad bowl along with lentils.
- Prepare dressing by mixing dressing ingredients together in a small bowl and whisking briefly.
- Mix herbs, seeds and vegetables together into mixing bowl and gently toss salad. Add dressing and garnish with herbs.
Recipe by Lizzy Carson from
Vknow Winebar and Restaurant
Fernhill, Queenstown, NZ.